Reamstown Mutual Insurance - Auto Renewal Ripoff!!!

20 S Reamstown Rd, Reamstown, PA 17567, USA
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I had home owners insurance with this company two years. Each year the rates went up.

I shopped around toward the end of the second year. I found a better price with the same coverage. A few months later I receive a notice from the Reamstown distric justice office that I am being sued by reamstown ins. for breach of contract, due to their auto renewal claim, and that I did not give notice of cancellation.

I see or hear anything and did not know anything about an autorenewal claus. I reviewed the Pennsylvannia renewal law, known as [Service 7 Contract Automatic Renewal Act.] The law states the seller must give notice of the fact that it is an autorenewal contract among other facts. This did not happen. So I figured no big deal I would attend the hearing and it should get kicked out.

[I did notice on the judicial web site reamstown ins. had many cases listed with the J P.] I became awear of the fact one day prior to my hearing that the case should not have iven taken place at reamtown JP. Due to the fact that the case involes coverage of my land and should have been at my local JP. So to start with the reamstown jp did not have jurisdiction to even hear the case.

It gets better at the time of the hearing zero evadence was presented to show that it is a autorenewal contract. Yet the reamstown J P ruled in favor of the ins. co. I had no choice but to appeal to a higher court and hope for justice there.

I won that case non prose. After that I then filed suit against Reamstown Mutual Ins. Co, at my local district justice to recover my costs and milage. Please see the attached to see the documented out come.

I won now I am waiting to see if they pay up or want to spen yet more of their money fighting a loosing battle, playing a loosing hand. I will keep you posted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Reamstown Mutual Insurance Homeowners Insurance.

Reason of review: deceptive business practices.

I didn't like: Deceptive business practices.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 01.